Cook & Prep time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stick
- 2 garlic cloves
- 900g turkey mince
- 800g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Handful of basil, chopped
- Reduced fat mozzarella
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 500ml milk
Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Start by finely chopping the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Do this by putting everything into a food processor and pulse it all until it’s a fine consistency.
- Add the finely chopped mixture into a pot and cook for 5 - 10 minutes over a low to medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next add in the turkey mince and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Next stir in the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato paste and basil. Allow this to simmer over a low to medium heat until the mixture reduces down.
- While the turkey mixture is bubbling away prepare the white sauce.
- Pop the butter into a pot and melt it right down. Follow with the flour and mix it together to make a roux. Gradually add in the milk over a medium to high heat and continuously stir it until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grab a baking dish to start layering up. Start by adding a few spoonful’s of the turkey mince, followed by lasagne sheets and then a layer of the white sauce. Repeat this 3 times. Finish the top off by pulling mozzarella apart and lying it on top to give it the perfect cheesy finish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The top should be a deep golden colour.
- Serve with a mixed leaf salad and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.