- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 onion, diced
- 1 fresh red chilli, diced
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp tikka paste
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g light coconut milk
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 1 bunch of coriander, diced
- 50g ground almonds
- Basmati rice cooked as per the instructions on the packet
- Natural yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- In a pan sauté the onion off until it becomes translucent over a medium heat. Follow behind with the garlic, chilli, ginger and turmeric. Keep stirring this around the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Next follow with the chicken pieces. Fry the pieces off for 5-10 minutes over a medium to high heat.
- Next add in the tikka paste, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring everything to the boil for 5 minutes then lower it to a simmer for 25 minutes. This will allow the sauce to reduce down so it gets gorgeous and rich in flavour.
- When you are ready to serve add in the natural yoghurt, fresh coriander and ground almonds.
Serve with basmati rice, mango chutney and an extra dollop of natural yoghurt.