Cook & Prep time: 20 minutes
If you would like to make this slightly more indulgent, butter each slice of bread with peanut butter or Nutella then put them together before frying so when you cut in there will be a peanut butter or chocolate explosion. Yum!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg (substitute with half a mashed banana or flax egg for plant based)
- 40ml milk (plant or dairy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tsp honey
- Greek yoghurt
- Fresh fruit
- Flaked almonds
- Mix all the ingredients together besides the bread.
- Pour the mixture into a flat dish and soak each slice of bread before popping them onto a medium to hot pan with some oil or butter and fry on either side until the pieces of bread turn crisp and golden.
- Finish by adding a big dollop of yoghurt, fresh fruit, flaked almonds and a drizzle of honey. Sometimes I like to caramelise some banana and place it on top too. Its delicious!