Cook & Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 1 potato, chopped into wedges
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ¼ bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- ½ chicken stock cube - crumbled up into a fine powder. You can pass this through a sieve if you wish.
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Start by roughly chopping up the potato into wedges and pop the wedges onto a tray with some olive oil and seasoning.
- Next prepare the chicken. Pop the egg white into a bowl. In another bowl mix the plain flour, cornflour and 1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice together. Dip each slice of chicken into the egg white mixture and then into the flour mixture. Once each piece is coated add the coated chicken pieces onto tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pop both the chicken strips and the potato wedges into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile add all of the vegetables into a pan with some olive oil and sauté them for a few minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Next prepare the spice mix by combining all of the listed spice mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once the chicken and wedges are done add them into the pan with the vegetables and sprinkle the spice mix over everything. Mix it all together so the whole mixture is coated in the spice mix.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of sliced red chilli and spring onion.