- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 800g chickpeas
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 25g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 25g coriander, chopped
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 100g sugar
- Tsp salt
- 75ml white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
- First prepare the cucumber pickle by combing all of the ingredients listed for it in a bowl and then pop it in the fridge.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, spices and half of the veggie pudding off on a pan over a medium heat with some olive oil. Once the onion is translucent, transfer the mixture to a food processor along with half of the chickpeas, half of the juice and zest from the lemon and 25g of panko breadcrumbs. Blitz together until smooth and season with some salt and pepper.
- Remove the mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in the fresh herbs, the other half of chickpeas and the remaining lemon juice and zest. From the mixture, shape out 5 patties. They will weigh in roughly at about 150g. Place them into the fridge to firm up for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and coat each patty in flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs.
- Seal the burgers off on a pan with some olive oil over a high heat (2 minutes a side) and then place them into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve in burger bun along with pickled cucumber, beetroot hummus, chunky homemade wedges and mixed leaf salad.